My Story

This is for all those who think that the IFBC and SGM, as well as ANY conservative fundamentalist Christian church is perfect and harmless. They are far from it, and my story will show you.
I not only knew about Jack Hyles and Lester Roloff, but they both came to First Baptist Church in Easton, PA on multiple occasions. Joe Thompson was the Pastor there, and to say that he idolized both of these men, would be an understatement! My family and I went to this church for 8 years, and attended its 'Christian Institute' for 6. It was the WORST thing my parents ever did!!
While there, I witnessed Thompson not only NOT preach the Word, but politics, but say demeaning and unbiblical things about women, the government, and more so! He also brutally, physically abuse my two mentally challenged brothers Daniel and Seth, but he also sexually abused and assaulted me. This sexual abuse occurred from the time I was 14, till 16. (I had physically developed not only early but in a more pronounced manner than most young girls, so I physically looked older.) Examples of this, were him suggestively touching my shoulders, back, and my behind, but I have one VERY clear memory of him coming up behind me, while doing dishes in the church's kitchen, and proceeded to both kiss me on the mouth, and grope me (He touched my breasts, and other areas of my body!!)! When I would resist and confront him on his behavior, he would not only refuse to admit his sin, but he would 'gaslight' me, berate me, and worse. He would even go so far as to make me look like the offender, and have me punished for defending myself!! One such example, of his behavior in this area, was when I confronted him using I Corinthians 7:1, his response was "When you get to be a woman, the I won't' touch you!" He further threatened me with my academic records, (Said he would falsify them, and state that I was a 'problem student'.)
Because of what he did and the fear of his reprisals, I dropped out of school, but did go on to get not only my HS Diploma, but graduate from an awesome and godly Christian college, named Philadelphia College of Bible, which is now Cairn University. It was there, that I opened up about what happened, and received some VERY godly Christian therapy, which God used to help me heal. I chose to forgive Thompson, but I also asked God for justice in this area, and He granted it. In April of 1992, I received a phone call from my father, (Who is now with the Lord.), informing me that Thompson had been killed by a 22 yr. old young man with mental health issues.

I just thought you would want to know this, and see just how much damage Jack Hyles's influence caused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'RAGIN RAGER'

EVIL EXPOSED

PREACHER BOYS PODCAST!